International Exchange Students
For EU citizens
The issuance of a temporary residence certificate confirming the right to reside in the Republic of Lithuania
You must register your residence if you come to live in the Republic of Lithuania for more than 3 months in a 6-month period and obtain a certificate signifying the right to temporarily reside in Lithuania. You must do so within 3 months of arrival at the Migration Board of Vilnius County Chief Police Commissariat, Vytenio Str. 18, Vilnius.
For the registration the following documents are necessary:
1. an application of the specified form – you can find it at www.migracija.lt
2. a valid passport or an identity card;
3. document confirming that student has been admitted to ISM University (issued by ISM University International Studies Office within 3-5 working days under student‘s request);
4. a document confirming that student is in possession of adequate means of subsistence for himself/herself (at least 125 EUR per month);
6. a valid document confirming possession of medical insurance;
7. document concerning the place of residence in the Republic of Lithuania.
Prior to lodging the application, the state fee in the amount of 8,60 EUR for the issuance of the certificate must be paid (there are no state fees for replacement of a certificate).
OFFICIAL documents issued abroad must be translated into the Lithuanian language. Translation is considered to be official when it is bound to a certified true copy of the document in the original language and is attested by the translator’s signature.
It is your responsibility to meet immigration requirements applicable to the Republic of Lithuania. University representatives can only provide general information. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Requirements do change and you must check them up to date in good time before arrival.
For non-EU citizens
FULL TIME DEGREE STUDENTS:
Students who are citizens of non-EU countries intending to study at an educational institution in Lithuania need to apply for National Visa D in their home countries at Lithuanian Embassies or Consular posts or Visa Centers. Issued visa will let you come and stay in Lithuania for maximum a year or till the decision about your Temporary Residence Permit (TRP) will be made by the Migration Department. The issuance of National Visa D approximately takes 15 days.
After coming to Lithuania, student must plan to apply for TRP. General order takes 3 months, urgent order – 45 days. After TRP is received, the place of residence must be declared at an elderships/local authorities within 7 days.
TRP must be renewed every year or two years, so student must apply for renewal not later than 2 months before TRP expires.
Students who are citizens of non-EU need to apply for National Visa D in their home countries at Lithuanian Embassies or Consular posts or Visa Centers. The issuance of National Visa D approximately takes 15 days.
The required documents to obtain national visa D for international STUDENTS:
• Completed application form
• A valid travel document (passport) issued within the last ten years, that validity period is at least 3 months longer than the validity period of the requested visa;
• EPIS number of the online mediation letter from ISM university to issue visa D (issued by International Studies Office within 3-5 working days);
• Proofs of sufficient means of support (bank transcript or proofs how you support yourself) – at least 305 EUR per month;
• 1 photo (35 x 45 color);
• A document confirming health insurance that will be valid during the stay in the Republic of Lithuania (the minimal health insurance sum comprises EUR 30000);
• Document concerning the place of residence in the Republic of Lithuania;
• Consular fee for visa: 60 EUR.
When an application for national visa D is submitted, OFFICIAL documents issued abroad must be translated* into the Lithuanian language or issued in the original English language.
* Translation is considered to be official when it is bound to a certified true copy of the document in the original language and is attested by the translator’s signature.
It is your responsibility to meet immigration requirements applicable to the Republic of Lithuania.
University representatives can only provide general information about this. You must check requirements for your own specific circumstances with the relevant Embassies and/or Consulates. Requirements do change and you must check the up to date in good time before departure.
Contact the Migration Department:
+370 707 67000 and press 3 for menu in English
+370 5 212 3960
If you are a resident of the European Union, Lichtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland you are insured through your own national health service. When you visit Lithuania, please have one of these documents confirming your entitlement to reimbursement of health care services: • European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) • Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) • Certificate E 106 • Certificate E 109
Your family members who are visiting Lithuania together with you have to hold their EHIC or the certificate E 106 or E 109. If you need to see a doctor in Lithuania, you will have to subscribe to a health insurance fund with your EHIC. You will then be refunded for many of the medical costs you incur in Lithuania.
If you are from a non-EEA country, you must have a social coverage to stay in Lithuania issued in your country.
Vilnius Territorial Patient Fund Ž. Liauksmino str. 6, Vilnius +370 5 266 1549
ISM UNIVERSITY OF MANAGEMENT AND ECONOMICS:
We are pleased to welcome students at ISM and we are willing to help them find the accommodation during the study period. ISM is located in the Old Town of Vilnius, minutes away from the city’s most important sites, including railway/bus station, the Old Town Hall, the Gate of Dawn, the National Philharmonic Concert Hall, Cathedral Square, Gediminas’ Castle, the Bernardinai Garden and MO museum, as well as many beautiful old churches, museums and restaurants.
Please be aware that ISM does not have its own dormitories, however, for the convenience of students ISM has signed contracts with some hotels/brokers. Students sign the accommodation contracts with properties directly.
You can find the accommodation options here.
If you have any questions or need help, please contact *protected email*.
OTHER HOUSING OPTIONS:
1. YOUR OWN APARTMENT
Students are welcome to look for the apartment on their own. The biggest and most popular website for real estate rentals is: www.aruodas.lt. Rental website for Erasmus students https://erasmusu.com/en/erasmus-vilnius
You may contact a real estate agency that will help you in finding an apartment. You may contact them via e-mail: *protected email* (NB! Real estate agency takes service fee), or check their website.
2. SHARED APARTMENT
Please look at Facebook groups, they have many shared apartment options:
International students guide
You may find additional information in the International Student Guide