International Exchange Students

Migration information

Insurance information

If you are a resident of the European Union, Lichtenstein, Iceland, Norway or Switzerland you are insured through your own national health service. When you visit Lithuania, please have one of these documents confirming your entitlement to reimbursement of health care services: • European Health Insurance Card (EHIC) • Provisional Replacement Certificate (PRC) • Certificate E 106 • Certificate E 109​

Your family members who are visiting Lithuania together with you have to hold their EHIC or the certificate E 106 or E 109. If you need to see a doctor in Lithuania, you will have to subscribe to a health insurance fund with your EHIC. You will then be refunded for many of the medical costs you incur in Lithuania.

If you are from a non-EEA country, you must have a social coverage to stay in Lithuania issued in your country.

Vilnius Territorial Patient Fund Ž. Liauksmino str. 6, Vilnius +370 5 266 1549


International students guide